Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Paatti Sollai Thattathey!!

I think that as a fit sequel to my previous post I will review the above named movie. I saw Paatti Sollai thattathey on K TV. It was the best movie experience I have had in a long time. It was like chatting for a long time with a long lost friend and recounting all that we missed about happier days.
Manorama reveals her class. Pandiarajan does what he is best at, look stupid and confused. Adding to the mix was cameo roles by YGM, Venniradai Murthy, Disco shanti, Silk and of course S.S. Chandran. I remember how the "Super Car" featured in the movie was a novelty in those days and beckoned hordes of movie goers to the theater. I am going to leave the details about the story out of this blog because writing details about the story is cumbersome, unnecessary and takes the fun out of writing this post.
With advancing age (yes, I became thirty a long time ago) and expanding family have made me a sucker for nostalgia. Maybe I will write about how the above two factors are connected to nostalgia in a different post. The simple special effects, small town style humor and clearly understandable Tamil makes for a special movie experience.
This movie is strongly recommended for the expat Tamils who want to kick back and enjoy a movie without much stress or work for the gray cells.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Sowmya said...

Yo dude! I know this movie!! I've seen it with my mom. There's this song that's hilarious in it ..
"Dillikku raaninnalum paati sollai thattathey. rendam kalayam panninalum patti sollai thattathey". Know which one I'm talking about?

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the DVD e CD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dvd-e-cd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Great story as for me. I'd like to read a bit more about that matter. Thanx for giving that info.
Joan Stepsen
Purely gadgets

Anonymous said...

Amiable fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Anonymous said...

naturally like your web-site however you need to test the spelling
on quite a few of your posts. Many of them are rife
with spelling issues and I find it very troublesome to inform the truth nevertheless I will definitely come
back again.

My website ... www.vaporvids.com

Anonymous said...

Hello There. I discovered your weblog the use of msn. That is
a very smartly written article. I'll make sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your helpful info. Thank you for the post. I will definitely comeback.

Here is my page acoustic guitar a chord